Historic buildings hold memories and stories that we would like to preserve. However, these buildings also have a lot of value, which means that they are worth protecting.

If you own a historic building, then you should consider getting insurance coverage. In this blog post, we will cover three reasons why you need to use a specialist insurance expert for your historic building.

Insurance Needs

1. You Need An Expert Who Knows The Industry And Can Help You Understand What Is Relevant In Your Market

When it comes to your insurance needs, it is helpful to have an expert on hand that knows the industry so that they can help you to understand relevant, important terminology.

For example, it is common for insurance companies to refer to buildings of a certain age as “historic.” These buildings, unlike modern buildings, are less stable and more susceptible to damage. The terminology may be unfamiliar to you.

However, the expert insurance expert will know how to interpret it and can help you to understand it. No one likes to have to pay out extra money for insurance, but there are times when it is unavoidable.

Therefore, having a specialist on hand that understands insurance terminology can help to make sure that you are getting all that you can for your money, especially when it comes to historic buildings insurance as there will be a lot of things that you may not even know about.

2. You Need Someone Who Will Be Able To Provide You With The Best Rate And Service Available

A very important factor when it comes to insurance is to find a good price as well as a reliable company.

There are many companies out there offering insurance, but not all of them will be able to give you the best price and service that you need. Therefore, it can be very useful for you to look for a company that has a good track record for customer satisfaction, as well as a good price.

When you are looking for a company that can provide you with both a good price and good service, it is important that you look carefully at customer reviews. When you work with a specialised insurance expert, they will work diligently in order to find you the best rates possible.

They will shop around using different insurers so that you can get the best prices possible. They also operate outside the world of sales, meaning that they will not take money just because they say that they can get you the best insurance deal.

Instead, they will only work with companies that they think will provide you with the best overall service.

3. You Need Someone Who Has The Experience To Handle All Of The Paperwork So That You Don’t Have To

The expertise that you will require for insurance with historic buildings will be provided to you by insurance experts who will be able to deal with all of the paperwork that is needed in order to make sure that everything is in order.

Whilst it may seem simple, sometimes paperwork relating to insurance can be quite complicated. So finding insurance experts who know the jargon and will make things as easy as possible for you is definitely something that you should look for.

When you are looking for insurance on your building, you will first need to consider what type of insurance you require. There is a wide range of options available, from standard buildings insurance to comprehensive insurance to insurance that covers things such as flood and fire.

The kind of insurance that you will require will depend on the type of building that you have, as well as the features that it possesses. For example, if you have a high-value building such as a stately home, then you will need to ensure that it has comprehensive insurance.

However, if you are looking at insurance on a simple small building such as a shop, then you may not need to have as much insurance as a larger building. It is also important to know that the building insurance that you are applying for needs to be checked periodically, just as you would consider your car insurance policy which needs to be checked every year.

Finally, when you are looking for insurance on your building, you will only be able to insure it as either a freehold or a leasehold. This means that it will be your responsibility to find out whether or not you are the owner of the building.

If you are the owner, then you will need to apply for insurance known as a freehold insurance policy, whereas if you are a tenant you will need to apply for a leasehold insurance policy. However, even if you were to apply for a leasehold insurance policy, you will still be responsible for paying for the maintenance of the building.

So, if you need insurance for your building, make sure that you find out whether it is a freehold or a leasehold before you apply.


In conclusion, if you want to make sure that you’re covered when something happens to your property, then you need to find someone who knows what they’re doing in terms of purchasing insurance for your historic properties.

If you don’t take care of your insurance properly, then you may be left with no choice but to sell at a loss or even lose everything. This is where specialists come into play; they’ll help you understand how much protection you need so that you won’t end up paying too much for unnecessary services.

If you have any questions or comments regarding anything above, please feel free to contact us by email or telephone. We look forward to hearing from you!